Friday, December 12, 2008

sustains+stab+wounds

We woke up this morning curled up close, fighting the cold biting at our toes. The fog was resting against the window pane, tears of rain streaking down the surface. I let you go. The emptiness of the room grew heavy, so I buried myself into the blankets.

The phone rings. My mom's voice shaky, "I have bad news."

http://www.calgaryherald.com/sustains+stab+wounds+downtown+dies/1067082/story.html

This is the article describing how my cousin was killed last night. So stark, so dry, so empty. Just a clip in the paper, just another act of violence on our streets.

Sometimes it's so hard to keep faith in the good of humanity.
Lately it seems that we are what we are not because we have the largest minds, but the largest egos. And it's truly beginning to disgust me.

No comments: